The following are the terms and conditions for CHS TV on the UK Sky digital platform and Website:
Terms and Conditions are set out important information regarding your rights, obligations and the restrictions that may apply when you use our broadcast (on air) or online services (which may include audio visual content, text, photographs, advertising and other services).
Terms and Conditions govern the relationship between you and CHS TV when you access and use our Services. Any reference to “you” or “your”, means you as viewer or user of the Services, any reference to “we”, “us”, “our” is to CHS TV . For our contact details please see the end of these Terms and Conditions.
We request you to read them carefully before using the Services. By accessing and continuing to use the Services, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with any of our Terms and Conditions then you should not use our Services.
You may be asked to agree to further terms and conditions when using specific Services for example entering competitions promoted by us or our partners on the Website, submitting materials, subscriptions, or purchasing content or other goods via the Channel on SKY 814 or Website.
Age of User: You must be at least 16+ years old to use our Services. If you're under 18 years old, please get a parent's or guardian's permission before using our Services.
Guidance: Some of the content on our Services will have been shown on our TV channels after the 9 pm watershed and/or may contain strong language, nudity, sexual scenes or other material which may not be suitable for children. We will endeavour to identify such content by using the ‘G’ symbol and to give you as much guidance as possible for you to make an informed choice as to whether you wish to enable viewing of this content via your computer.
Streaming of our channels: By viewing our channels on chsuk.tv, you may experience a delayed service compared to the satellite TV service. As we are streaming our channels over the internet, technically it is not possible to operate a live service, but this service is as near live as possible. Please bear this delay in mind when interacting with our programmes and please rely on the satellite TV service for accurate times.
Your Rights and Promises: In accessing http://www.chsuk.tv and the material or content made available by CHS TV via the site, you agree that you do so only for your own personal, non-commercial use.
You agree to use these Services only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of these Services by, any third party.
Restrictions on Use of Services: The contents of the Services, web pages, computer codes of elements comprising the Website and any software provided to you by us may not be copied, reproduced, communicated and/or made available to the public, republished, downloaded, posted, recorded, broadcast or transmitted or used in any other way except for your own personal, private and non-commercial use, or unless otherwise expressly permitted by us.
You agree that you will not use the Services in any way that may lead to the encouragement, procurement or carrying out of any criminal or unlawful activity, or cause distress, harm or inconvenience to any other person.
You agree not to give any indication that you have any commercial relationship with us, or that you are our agent or that we have endorsed any submission you may make.
We reserve the right to suspend, restrict or terminate your access to any, or all, Services at any time at our sole discretion.
We may also ban or suspend you as a user of the Services if you do not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
Use of premium rate telephone service (PRTS), and Competition Rules:
This service is provided by CHS TV , E17 4JE. Customer service helpline 0844 4485009
1. Closing Date and Time: Competition closes for entries via Phone line and SMS at published time or on air publicity time Entries made after the closing time will not be entered into the competition but may still be charged.
2. Method and Cost of Entry:
PRTS Phone - calls to all our PRTS numbers and follow instructions; each call costs from 10p to 102p from BT landlines. Calls from other networks may be higher and from mobiles will be considerably more. Callers or Entrants must have the permission of the bill payer before calling.
SMS– send text with HCTV followed by either A, B or C to indicate your answer. Please also include your name. Each text costs to a maximum of 50p plus one standard network rate message. Charges will be deducted from the entrant's available credit time if they are a pre-pay customer or appear on their monthly statement if they are a pay-monthly customer. SMS entrants will receive an SMS confirmation text message of their entry.
Email - Please send in your answer either A, B or C followed by your name. There is no charge for email entries.
3. Prize: The first entry drawn at random from all eligible entries who have answered the question correctly will win the prize. The winner will be contacted on their phone number on the competition draw date. CHS TV will not amend contact information provided. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact a winner. Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery may result in forfeiture of the prize. If they cannot be contacted, or are unable comply with these terms and conditions, CHS TV reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant.
4. Any person who is an employee or an immediate family member of an employee of CHS TV or any other person who is directly connected with the organisation of any particular competition is ineligible to participate.
5. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and be bound by them.
6. Competitions are only open to residents of the UK.
7. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age unless otherwise stated.
8. All decisions of CHS TV will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. No responsibility will be taken by CHS TV for any answers that are illegible, misdirected, lost for technical or other reasons or received after the closing date.
10. If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable CHS TV reserves the right at its absolute discretion to substitute a similar prize of equivalent or greater value. None of the prizes may be exchanged or transferred and no cash alternative will be offered. Only one prize will be awarded per person. Please allow 28 days for delivery of all prizes.
11. CHS TV reserves the absolute right to disqualify any entrant to any competition which it considers has used improper technical means to enter.
Intellectual Property: All intellectual property rights in this Website and all material or content made available by CHS TV via the Services (excluding any Submissions by users (in respect of which see below)) shall remain at all times the property of Channel S .
Registration: You may be required to register your details for certain Services and open a user account that you can then use to access and log on to use those Services. You may change or update your password or other details at any time via your account. You promise that all information and details provided are true, accurate and up to date in all respects and at all times.
It is your sole responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password and that you are responsible for all activity that occurs under your user name and password. We will not be liable where your password is used by someone else. You should notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of your password and any breach of security as soon as you become aware of it.
Safety: CHS TV or its appointed agent reserves the right to contact you for direct marketing calls or call backs. However, we advise that you never reveal via the Services any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, home address or email address) unless you wish to do so. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your details when using our Services.
Links To Other Websites and Services: This Website contains links to other third party websites and services through advertising or otherwise. These links are provided for your ease of reference and convenience only. We have no control over those third party websites or services and are not responsible for their contents. We do not endorse the material contained in their websites or services, and have no association with their operators. You agree that we won't be party to any transaction or contract with a third party that you may enter into and we won't be liable to you for any loss or damage which you may suffer by using those third party websites and services. You agree that you will not involve CHS TV in any dispute you may have with such third party websites and services.
Our Legal Obligations and Limits on Liability: All Services on the Website are provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. We do not guarantee which Services will be on the Website. We cannot promise that our Services will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. The Services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond our control. We will not be liable to you or to any other person in the event that all or any part of the Services is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
Use and Protection of Your Personal Information:
CHS TV recognises that your privacy is important to you and we use the latest technologies & best practices to secure all personal information. CHS TV aims to preserve your privacy at all times and will not disclose your personal information to third parties unless it is required to do so by law or it, in good faith, believes that such action is necessary to:
• Comply with the law or with legal process
• Protect and defend our rights and property
• Protect against misuse or unauthorised use of this website
• Protect the personal safety or property of our customers or the public (among other things, this means that if you provide false registration information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions)
Severance: If any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions which shall remain in full force and effect.
Law and Jurisdiction: These Terms and Conditions are available in English only and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England (or the laws of Scotland if you are domiciled there). Disputes arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales unless you choose the jurisdiction of your domicile in Scotland or Northern Ireland.
Contact Details: You can email us with any questions, queries or complaints at email@example.com or call us on 0844 4485009 or write to us at CHS TV , Prestige House, 26 Clifford Road, Walthamstow, London E17 4JE